How to lead a child to faith in Christ!
I have a Question About salvation!
- Ask your child, “What questions do you have?”
- Share your testimony. Let them know when and how you made that decision. (This may give some understanding)
- Affirm your child. (You want to make sure that they understand)
- Pray with and for your child. Ask God to continue to help him/her with this decision. (Remember this is the work of the Holy Spirit.)
Make sure they know……
- God loves them! (John 3:16) “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- Sin separates you from God! (Romans 3:23) “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Sin is the “bad” things that we all do.)
- God provided a way! (Romans 5:8) “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this; While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Jesus died on the cross for our sins.)
Trusting in Jesus!
- Admit that you are a sinner.
- Believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and rose from the grave.
- Confess your sins (repent) and be willing to turn from them.
- You can pray a prayer like this: Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose from the dead. I want to turn from my sin and invite you into my life. I want to trust you and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Thank you Jesus for saving me!